French Quarter Festivals, Inc. – The Facts!
- In 2020 French Quarter Festivals, Inc. celebrates its 37th anniversary.
- French Quarter Festival was first produced in 1984 as a way to bring residents back to the Quarter; following the World’s Fair and extensive sidewalk repairs in the French Quarter.
- More than 2,000 community volunteers help to make the festival a success.
- French Quarter Festivals, Inc. is a private, non-profit 501c(3) organization.
- French Quarter Festival is the largest, free music festival in the South.
- Chief sources of funding are: sponsorships, beverage and merchandise sales, vendor fees, and annual Gala.
- 23 stages throughout the French Quarter celebrate local music and represent every genre from traditional and contemporary jazz to R&B, New Orleans funk, brass bands, folk, gospel, Latin, Zydeco, classical, cabaret, and international.
- New Orleans great restaurants, create the food and beverage offerings know as “The World’s Largest Jazz Brunch” in Jackson Square, the Louisiana State Museum’s Old U.S. Mint and Woldenberg Riverfront Park during festival weekend; Satchmo SummerFest hosts New Orleans restaurants, known as “Red Bean Alley”, with Louis Armstrong-inspired dishes and great local cuisine. Louisiana restaurants are invited to participate in these festivals.
- French Quarter Festival has been consistently voted “favorite festival”, “favorite food festival”, and “favorite event open to the public” by locals.
- French Quarter Festival 2019 attendance – over 800,000 people
- French Quarter Festival 2018 attendance – over 500,000 people
- French Quarter Festival 2017 attendance – over 700,000 people
- French Quarter Festival 2016 attendance – over 760,000 people
- French Quarter Festival attendees are 49% locals and 51% visitors
- Visitors attend from all over the United States. Top 5 states – Louisiana, California, New York, Texas, Florida
- The events attract an international audience, visitors have come from Canada, United Kingdom, Norway, France, Germany, and many other countries